- [noun] an indirect suggestion; "not a breath of scandal ever touched her"
Synonyms: intimation, breath
- [noun] a slight indication
- [noun] a slight but appreciable addition; "this dish could use a touch of garlic"
Synonyms: touch, tinge, mite, pinch, jot, speck, soupcon
- [noun] a just detectable amount; "he speaks French with a trace of an accent"
Synonyms: trace, suggestion
- [noun] an indication of potential opportunity; "he got a tip on the stock market"; "a good lead for a job"
Synonyms: tip, lead, steer, confidential information, wind
- [verb] drop a hint; intimate by a hint