- [noun] a process of increasing by addition (as to a collection or group); "the art collectin grew through accession"
- [noun] (civil law) the right to all of that which your property produces whether by growth or improvement
- [noun] something added to what you already have; "the librarian shelved the new accessions"; "he was a new addition to the staff"
- [noun] agreeing with or consenting to (often unwillingly); "accession to such demands would set a dangerous precedent"; "assenting to the Congressional determination"
- [noun] the right to enter
Synonyms: entree, access, admittance
- [noun] the act of attaining or gaining access to a new office or right or position (especially the throne); "Elizabeth's accession in 1558"
Synonyms: rise to power
- [verb] make a record of additions to a collection, such as a library