- [noun] a grant made by a law court; "he criticized the awarding of compensation by the court"
- [noun] a tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction; "an award for bravery"
Synonyms: accolade, honor, honour, laurels
- [noun] something given for victory or superiority in a contest or competition or for winning a lottery; "the prize was a free trip to Europe"
- [verb] give, especially as a reward; "bestow honors and prizes at graduation"
- [verb] give on the basis of merit; "Funds are granted to qualified researchers"
- [verb] bestow an honor upon
pension, pension off
academic degree, degree
cachet, seal, seal of approval
mention, honorable mention
letter, varsity letter
decoration, laurel wreath, medal, medallion, palm, ribbon
- Nobel prize
Academy Award, Oscar
- Prix de Rome
- Prix Goncourt
- door prize
- prize money