- [noun] nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate
- [noun] (baseball) a turn batting; "he was at bat when it happened"; "he got 4 hits in 4 at-bats"
- [noun] a small racket with a long handle used for playing squash
Synonyms: squash racket, squash racquet
- [noun] a bat used in playing cricket
- [noun] a club used for hitting a ball in various games
- [verb] strike with, or as if with a baseball bat; "bat the ball"
- [verb] wink briefly; "bat one's eyelids"
- [verb] have a turn at bat; "Jones bats first, followed by Martinez"
- [verb] use a bat; "Who's batting?"
- [verb] beat thoroughly in a competition or fight; "We licked the other team on Sunday!"
Synonyms: clobber, drub, thrash, lick