- [noun] the young of an animal cared for at one time
- [verb] think moodily or anxiously about something
- [verb] hang over, as of something threatening, dark, or menacing; "The terrible vision brooded over her all day long"
Synonyms: hover, loom, bulk large
- [verb] be in a huff and display one's displeasure; "She is pouting because she didn't get what she wanted"
Synonyms: sulk, pout
- [verb] be in a huff; be silent or sullen
Synonyms: grizzle, stew
- [verb] sit on (eggs); "Birds brood"; "The female covers the eggs"
Synonyms: hatch, cover, incubate