- [verb] put on special clothes to appear particularly appealing and attractive; "She never dresses up, even when she goes to the opera"; "The young girls were all fancied up for the party"
Synonyms: fig out, fig up, deck up, gussy up, fancy up, trick up, deck out, trick out, prink, attire, get up, rig out, tog up, tog out, overdress
- [verb] make something appear superficially attractive; "The researcher tried to dress up the uninteresting data"; "Don't try to dress up the unpleasant truth"
- [verb] put a caparison on; "caparison the horses for the festive occasion"
Synonyms: caparison, bard
- [verb] dress in a costume; "We dressed up for Halloween as pumpkins"
- [verb] dress in a certain manner; "She dresses in the latest Paris fashion"; "he dressed up in a suit and tie"