- [verb] terminate or take out; "Let's eliminate the course on Akkadian hieroglyphics"
Synonyms: get rid of, do away with
- [verb] do away with
Synonyms: obviate, rid of
- [verb] kill in large numbers; "the plague wiped out an entire population"
Synonyms: annihilate, extinguish, eradicate, wipe out, decimate, carry off
- [verb] dismiss from consideration; "John was ruled out as a possible suspect because he had a strong alibi"; "This possibility can be eliminated from our consideration"
Synonyms: rule out, reject
- [verb] eliminate from the body; "Pass a kidney stone"
Synonyms: excrete, egest, pass
- [verb] remove from a contest or race; "The cyclist has eliminated all the competitors in the race"
- [verb] remove (an unknown variable) from two or more equations
cancel out, wipe out
- knock out
- cut out
cut, prune, rationalize, rationalise
snuff out, extinguish
exclude, except, leave out, leave off, omit, take out
preclude, rule out, close out
sweat, sudate, perspire
exude, exudate, transude, ooze out, ooze
make, urinate, piddle, puddle, micturate, piss, pee, pee-pee, make water, relieve oneself, take a leak, spend a penny, wee, wee-wee, pass water
evacuate, void, empty
stool, defecate, shit, take a shit, take a crap, ca-ca, crap, make
vomit, vomit up, purge, cast, sick, cat, be sick, disgorge, regorge, retch, puke, barf, spew, spue, chuck, upchuck, honk, regurgitate, throw up