- [noun] the froth produced by soaps or detergents
Synonyms: soapsuds, suds
- [noun] agitation resulting from active worry; "don't get in a stew"; "he's in a sweat about exams"
Synonyms: fret, stew, sweat, swither
- [noun] a workman who puts up laths
- [noun] the foam resulting from excessive sweating (as on a horse)
- [verb] cover with soap; "lather your body when you shower"
- [verb] beat severely with a whip or rod; "The teacher often flogged the students"; "The children were severely trounced"
Synonyms: flog, welt, whip, lash, slash, strap, trounce
- [verb] form a lather; "The shaving cream lathered"
- [verb] rub soap all over, usually with the purpose of cleaning