- [noun] the quality of a substance that is able to rebound
- [noun] a light springing movement upwards or forwards
Synonyms: leap, leaping, spring, saltation, bound
- [noun] rebounding from an impact (or series of impacts)
- [verb] spring back; spring away from an impact; "The rubber ball bounced"; "These particles do not resile but they unite after they collide"
Synonyms: resile, take a hop, spring, bound, rebound, recoil, reverberate, ricochet
- [verb] hit something so that it bounces; "bounce a ball"
- [verb] move up and down repeatedly
- [verb] come back after being refused; "the check bounced"
- [verb] leap suddenly; "He bounced to his feet"
- [verb] refuse to accept and send back; "bounce a check"
- [verb] eject from the premises; "The ex-boxer's job is to bounce people who want to enter this private club"