- [noun] the boundary of a surface
- [noun] a sharp side formed by the intersection of two surfaces of an object; "he rounded the edges of the box"
- [noun] a line determining the limits of an area
Synonyms: boundary, bound
- [noun] the attribute of urgency; "his voice had an edge to it"
- [noun] a slight competitive advantage; "he had an edge on the competition"
- [noun] a strip near the boundary of an object; "he jotted a note on the margin of the page"
- [verb] advance slowly, as if by inches; "He edged towards the car"
- [verb] provide with a border or edge; "edge the tablecloth with embroidery"
- [verb] lie adjacent to another or share a boundary; "Canada adjoins the U.S."; "England marches with Scotland"
Synonyms: border, adjoin, abut, march, butt, butt against, butt on
- [verb] provide with an edge; "edge a blade"
bevel, cant, chamfer
brim, rim, lip
curb, curbing, kerb
deckle edge, deckle
knife edge, cutting edge
- leading edge
- razor edge
- trailing edge
margin, border, perimeter
periphery, fringe, outer boundary
brink, threshold, verge
- upper bound
- lower bound
molding, moulding, border